| PROJECTS NEAR YOU
Natural Gas Project
Project Area: Lafayette, CO
Project Dates: Spring 2021 – Fall 2021
Xcel Energy is replacing natural gas infrastructure in the City of Lafayette for the Lafayette Natural Gas Project. We will replace approximately 0.5 miles of natural gas lines along South Public Road, between Chester Street and South Boulder Road.
This project is being constructed as part of our commitment to system revitalization and allows us to continue to provide the safe, reliable natural gas service our customers expect.
This project began on April 12, 2021 and will be completed in early fall 2021. Following is the tentative schedule:
- Excavation and Installation: Completed in August 2021.
- Service Tie-in: During the week of September 27, crews will continue to connect service at locations along S. Public Road and prepare for final restoration. Please use caution and follow signage and direction from crews when driving through construction work areas.
- Restoration and overlay: Fall 2021
The crews continue to work between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. on weekdays. Please note that the project schedule is subject to change.
Interested in receiving construction updates? Sign up here.
We will install the natural gas line by open trenching which involves digging a trench and placing the natural gas line in the trench.
During construction, you may notice:
- Marking of utility lines and “potholing” to verify their locations.
- Partial or complete road and sidewalk closures.
- Traffic control measures.
- Street parking restrictions.
- Potential changes to access.
- Elevated levels of noise.
We will work to reduce construction-related inconveniences. Please note that there will continue to be ample parking around South Public Road.
We will temporarily restore work areas directly after natural gas line installation. We will return to complete final restoration when conditions allow
If you have questions or comments, we want to hear from you. Call us at 303-291-6281 or email us at Info@XcelEnergyLafayetteGasProject.com to learn more. If you would like to receive construction updates directly to your inbox, sign up here.
For information on our commitment to safety, please visit our Public Safety page.