| PROJECTS NEAR YOU
Grant Avenue Natural Gas Project
Area: Fort Collins, Colorado
Dates: June 2022 – Fall 2022
Tuesday, Jan. 3, 2022
We have completed construction of the Grant Avenue Natural Gas Project.
Should you have questions, comments or concerns, please contact Xcel Energy Customer Care at 800-895-4999.
We appreciate your patience as we constructed this important project.
We have installed 1.2 miles of natural gas line in Fort Collins, Colorado for the Grant Avenue Natural Gas Project. Work took place in the following areas:
- Grant Avenue, between Cherry and Mulberry streets.
- Mulberry Street, between Grant Avenue and Shields Street.
- Alley north of Mountain Avenue, between Grant Avenue and Bungalow Court.
This work allows us to continue to provide safe, reliable service and enhances system resiliency during extreme weather.
Work on the Grant Avenue Natural Gas Project began in June 2022 and was completed in December 2022.
During work, you may notice:
- Marking of utility lines and utility survey holes.
- Road and sidewalk closures.
- Traffic control.
- Temporary changes to access.
- Construction noise.
We’ll restore work areas to preconstruction conditions as weather allows.
We install natural gas line by open trenching and boring.
- Open trenching involves digging a trench and placing the natural gas line in the trench.
- Boring uses a bore machine to create an underground pathway through which the line is pulled or drilled.
We are committed to maintaining a safe working environment in your community. For your safety and the safety of our crews, remember these tips:
- Watch for construction crews and equipment.
- Do not enter construction areas.
- Obey signage and directions from crews.
- Reduce speeds while traveling.
- Observe parking restrictions.
- Remain flexible as work progresses and work areas change.
Public safety is at the foundation of all we do. The safety of the public around our natural gas system influences every decision we make.
If you ever suspect a natural gas leak, leave your home or business immediately. Once you are safely away, call 911, then Xcel Energy at 800-895-2999.
For more information on our commitment to safety, please visit our Public Safety page.