| PROJECTS NEAR YOU
Winter Park Natural Gas Project
Project Area: Winter Park, CO
Project Dates: Summer 2021 – Fall 2022
Friday, July 1, 2022
In observance of Independence Day, crews will not work on Monday, July 4, 2022.
During the coming week, crews will work in the following areas:
- East side of U.S. 40, between Vazquez Road and Village Drive.
- Natural gas line installation and equipment staging.
- No traffic impacts.
- North access ramp to the Beaver Village Lodge will be closed, follow posted alternate route.
- Properties within the work area will remain accessible.
- Between U.S. 40 and Village Drive, and Corona Pass Road and Forest Service Road 149.
- Revegetation and restoration activities.
- No traffic impacts.
Please note construction schedules are subject to change.
Staying safe around construction areas
For your safety and the safety of our crews, take the following steps near work areas:
- Look for crews and equipment.
- Stay clear and out of work zones, regardless of construction actively occurring.
- Follow construction signage and direction from crews.
- Reduce speeds.
We are installing about 1.5 miles of natural gas line in Winter Park. The current route starts west of Corona Pass Road and ends in Winter Park. We will also relocate a natural gas regulator station, and some existing natural gas lines in Winter Park.
This project allows us to provide safe, reliable service, accommodates and supports area growth and enhances system resiliency to extreme weather.
Work on the Winter Park Natural Gas Project began in August 2021 and will be completed in fall 2022.
Construction will occur Mondays through Saturdays during daytime hours. Work outside these hours may be required. We will provide updates if after hours work is expected.
Schedules are subject to change.
During work, you may notice:
- Marking of utility lines and utility survey holes.
- Road, sidewalk and trail closures.
- Traffic control.
- Temporary changes to access.
- Construction noise.
We’ll restore work areas to preconstruction conditions as weather allows.
We install natural gas line by open trenching. Open trenching involves digging a trench and placing the natural gas line in the trench.
We are committed to maintaining a safe working environment in your community. For your safety and the safety of our crews, remember these tips:
- Watch for construction crews and equipment.
- Do not enter construction areas.
- Obey signage and directions from crews.
- Reduce speeds while traveling.
- Observe parking restrictions.
- Remain flexible as work progresses and work areas change.
Public safety is at the foundation of all we do. The safety of the public around our natural gas system influences every decision we make.
If you ever suspect a natural gas leak, leave your home or business immediately. Once you are safely away, call 911, then Xcel Energy at 800-895-2999.
For information on our commitment to safety, please visit our Public Safety page.